Coney Island offers an ideal summer respite from the hectic and steamy city. With nearly 3 miles of sandy beaches, Coney Island’s sunny skies and rolling waves make for the perfect getaway. If being active at the beach is more your idea of fun than just catching some rays, Coney Island also offers exciting recreation opportunities. With courts for beach volleyball, handball, and basketball as well as playgrounds and amusement rides, the beach and boardwalk can provide hours of entertainment.
Coney Island is also a great place to visit in the off-season. Check out the New York Aquarium, the Abe Stark Ice Skating Rink, or the MCU Park (formerly KeySpan Park) baseball stadium where you can see the minor league Mets (the Brooklyn Cyclones) play ball.
Additionally, don’t forget to keep a look out year-round for events at Coney Island. One major highlight is the AVP professional volleyball tournament in the summer, but other equally exciting happenings pop up all year.Whether you’re a beach bum or a thrill-seeker with a day off, Coney Island is the perfect getaway.
Take a closer look at the 332-foot long, ten-foot tall cast-concrete sculpture wall installed outside the Aquarium in 1992.
Directions to Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk
Know Before You Go
Coney Island and Coney Island Boardwalk
A high rip current risk is in effect through Saturday, July 10. Visit our Water Safety page for more information on how to prepare for rip currents.
- #GOINGGREENFORPARKIES: NYC PARKS JOINS WORLD URBAN PARKS IN CELEBRATING PARKS WORKERS AROUND THE WORLD
- NYC PARKS AND DOT ANNOUNCE PLANS FOR NEW DESTINATION GREENWAYS IN BROOKLYN AND QUEENS
- NEW YORK CITY’S 14 MILES OF PUBLIC BEACHES OPEN THIS WEEKEND
- Coney Island Boardwalk Reconstruction
- Coney Island Boardwalk Security Measures Construction
- Coney Island Lifeguard Station Electrical Service Reconstruction
- Brighton Playground
- Coney Island
- Coney Island Beach - Horseshoe Crabs In New York City Parks
- First Symphony Of The Sea
- Jackie Robinson And Pee Wee Reese Monument
Park Manager: (718) 946-1353