Coney Island offers an ideal summer respite from the hectic and steamy city. With nearly 3 miles of sandy beaches, Coney Island’s sunny skies and rolling waves make for the perfect getaway. If being active at the beach is more your idea of fun than just catching some rays, Coney Island also offers exciting recreation opportunities. With courts for beach volleyball, handball, and basketball as well as playgrounds and amusement rides, the beach and boardwalk can provide hours of entertainment.
Coney Island is also a great place to visit in the off-season. Check out the New York Aquarium, the Abe Stark Ice Skating Rink, or the MCU Park (formerly KeySpan Park) baseball stadium where you can see the minor league Mets (the Brooklyn Cyclones) play ball.
Additionally, don’t forget to keep a look out year-round for events at Coney Island. One major highlight is the AVP professional volleyball tournament in the summer, but other equally exciting happenings pop up all year.
Whether you’re a beach bum or a thrill-seeker with a day off, Coney Island is the perfect getaway.
New Brighton Comfort Station
Visit our New Brighton Comfort Station page for more information about this potential project.
We're rebuilding a safer and more resilient boardwalk at Brighton Beach.
Directions to Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk
- Extended Swimming Season Begins At Nyc's Most Popular Beaches
- NYC Parks Deploys AT&T Street Charge Units At The Beach
- Citywide Beach Attendance Grows By More Than 22%
- Coney Island Beach Entrance Garden Construction at Brighton 2nd and West 33rd Sts
- Coney Island Bikeway Construction
- Coney Island Boardwalk Reconstruction Between Brighton 15th Street and Coney Island Avenue
- Coney Island Shore Protection (Seagate)
Park Manager: (718) 946-1353