Commodore Barry Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Commodore John Barry
- Location: Park Avenue, Navy Street, and North Elliot Place, South of Flushing Avenue, northeast corner of fieldhouse
- Description: Inscribed stele with Celtic cross and US Navy seal at top and text below
- Materials: Barre granite
- Dimensions: H: 10" W: 30" D:18", 550 lbs.
- Dedicated: March 15, 1996
- Fabricator: Supreme Memorials, Inc.
- Donor: Commodore Barry Club
- Inscription: COMMODORE JOHN BARRY / FATHER OF THE AMERICAN NAVY / BORN Co. WEXFORD, IRELAND MARCH 15, 1745 / DIED PHILADELPHIA, PA. SEPTEMBER 13, 1803 / TO MARK THE 250TH ANNIVERSARY / OF HIS BIRTH MARCH 15, 1995 / GIFT OF THE COMMODORE BARRY CLUB OF BROOKLYN /