Back to Monuments List
Christopher Columbus Tablet
Click image for larger view
- Location: In front of New York State Supreme Court Building, at Montague and Court Streets
- Description: Plaque on pedestal
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 12" W: 36" D: ¼"d
- Dedicated: October 8, 1971
- Foundry: U.S. Bronze Sign Company, NY
- Donor: P.R.C.A.
- Inscription: THE COOPERATION OF MAYOR JOHN V. LINDSAY / AND ADMINISTRATIOR AUGUST HECKSCHER OF P.R.C.A. / ENABLED JOHN N. LA CORTE, FOUNDER OF THE / ITALIAN HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA / TO ENRICH THE BROOKLYN CIVIC CENTER WITH THIS MONUMENT / INSTALLED BY A. OTTAVINO, OCTOBER 8, 1971 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143