View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Dr. Sun Yat-sen Monument
- Location: Bayard Street between Baxter Street and Mulberry Street
- Sculptor: Lu Chun-Hsiung
- Architect: Michael Kang and WXY Studio
- Description: . Bronze figure (heroic size) of Dr. Sun Yat-sen; proper left hand holding a hat. Granite pedestal, with inscription at middle of east and west side.
- Materials: Figure--bronze; pedestal--granite (absolute black, thermal finish)
- Dimensions: Figure: H: 6'11" W: 2'5" D: 1'6"; Pedestal H 7'8" W: 6'3" D: 6'3"
- Cast: 2011
- Dedicated: 11/12/2019
- Foundry: Chain Chi Art Bronze Statue Co., Ltd.
- Fabricator: Pedestal: Ottovino Stone Corp
- Donor: Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association; The Republic of China
- Inscription: West side of pedestal: DR. SUN YAT-SEN / 1866 - 1925 / FOUNDER OF THE / REPUBLIC OF CHINA
East side of pedestal: "All Under Heaven Are Equal" rendered in Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s own calligraphy with his personal stamp adjacent. / ALL UNDER HEAVEN ARE EQUAL
Directions to Columbus Park
- MAYOR DE BLASIO, NYC PARKS AND COUNCIL MEMBER MARGARET CHIN TO MAKE DR. SUN YAT-SEN MONUMENT PERMANENT AND RENAME PARK PLAZA IN HIS HONOR
- Pedestrian Paths Open Once More at Columbus Park
- Columbus Park is March’s Park of the Month