Back to Monuments List
Colonel David Marcus Memorial Playground Plaque
Click image for larger view
- Location: Ocean Pkwy., Avenue P, East 3rd Street
- Description: Plaque on plinth
- Materials: Bronze, granite
- Dimensions: H: 10" W: 1'3"
- Cast: 1948
- Dedicated: 1948
- Donor: Colonel David Marcus Memorial Committee
- Inscription: COLONEL DAVID MARCUS PLAYGROUND /---/ DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF / COLONEL DAVID MARCUS - AMERICAN / SOLDIER - LAWYER - NEW YORK CITY / OFFICIAL - KILLED JUNE 10, 1948 WHILE / LEADING ISRAELI FORCES NEAR / JERUSALEM. LIBERTY AND EQUALITY / FOR ALL MEN WERE MORE PRECIOUS / TO HIM THAN HIS LIFE. /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143