Clove Lakes Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Lieutenant George W. Lener Memorial
- Location: northwest of intersection of Slosson and Martling Avenues, near Brookside Pond
- Sculptor: Scott LoBaido
- Description: Relief plaque mounted on boulder
- Materials: Bronze, granite
- Dimensions: boulder h 6' x w 4' x d 4' (all approximate)
- Cast: ca. 1995
- Dedicated: ca. 1995
- Donor: Friends of Lt. George W. Lener, Inc.
- Inscription: LT. GEORGE W. LENER, F.D.N.Y. / 1953-1994 / THIS MEMORIAL IS DEDICATED IN LOVING MEMORY OF LT. / GEORGE W. LENER, F.D.N.Y., A MAN WHOSE DEEDS AND / LOVE OF HIS COMMUNITY SET A STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE / FOR US ALL. / --- / MAY WE ALL ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF THIS PARK WITH OUR / FAMILY, FRIENDS AND COMMUNITY AS DID LT. LENER. / --- / "GEORGE LENER WAS A GIFT TO US ALL...HE WAS A HERO...HE / HAS LEFT US A LEGACY WE CANNOT REPAY, BUT WE CAN / ADVANCE IT AS WE CARRY ON HIS LOVE FOR THIS / COMMUNITY..." / MAYOR RUDOLPH GIULIANI / 7/25/94 /
Directions to Clove Lakes Park
- OFF TO THE RACES: NYC PARKS BREAKS GROUND ON CLOVE LAKES PARK 5K RUNNING TRAIL
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY