City Hall Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Declaration of Independence Plaque
- Location: On right side of driveway at Broadway entrance to City Hall
- Description: Plaque on plinth
- Materials: Bronze, gray granite
- Dimensions: H: 2'1" W: 3'
- Cast: 1892
- Dedicated: 1892
- Foundry: H. Berger Sons
- Donor: Sons of the Revolution
- Inscription: NEAR THIS SPOT IN THE PRESENCE OF / GENERAL GEORGE WASHINGTON / THE DECLARATION OF / INDEPENDENCE / WAS READ AND / PUBLISHED / TO THE / AMERICAN ARMY / JULY 9, 1776 [---] ERECTED BY / SONS OF THE REVOLUTION 1776-1782.