Farragut Rd. between E. 45 St. and E. 46 St.
Directions via Google Maps
This park is named after Anthony Chiarantano (1934-1974), an East Flatbush resident who played a major role in the acquisition and development of this park.
Father of six and telephone company foreman for18 years, Mr. Chiarantano volunteered for the Catholic Youth Organization at Saint Therese de Lisieux, coaching the hockey, basketball and baseball teams. He was President of the East 43rd Street Block Association and also volunteered as coach for the 67th Precinct Police Athletic League’s hockey team.
Between 1969 and 1974, Mr. Chiarantano petitioned the City for a neighborhood park in his community. In an area where manufacturing was predominant, there was a paucity of open space for families. As a result of his efforts, Parks signed a 20-year lease for use of a 2.3 acre parcel of land owned by the Department of Education. In 1977, the park was created with a ballfield and outdoor hockey rink.
Directions to Chiarantano Playground
Chiarantano Playground Weather