Chelsea Recreation Center
W. 25 St., 9 Ave. To 10 Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
A state-of-the-art facility, the Chelsea Recreation Center is a neighborhood gem that boasts eclectic offerings for New Yorkers of all ages. Chelsea is one of the largest recreation centers in the city, and visitors make full use of its crisp facilities and extensive sports, arts, and educational programming for kids and adults alike. The center features a six-lane, 25-yard pool, a gymnasium with basketball and volleyball courts, plus fitness rooms, a dance studio, a game room, and an arts and crafts room. Fitness classes offered range from gymnastics and ballet to aerobics and yoga. Beyond athletics, the center also hosts teen open mic nights, a hip-hop club, drama hour, and senior painting workshops, to name a few. In addition, the Computer Resource Center provides free computer access and instruction for skills such as word processing, internet use, web design, and desktop publishing.
Directions to Chelsea Recreation Center
Know Before You Go
Our indoor pool programming hours at this location have been changed to accommodate lifeguard recertification and training for the 2022 outdoor pool and beach season.
We thank you for understanding and apologize for the inconvenience.
We invite you to visit one of our other indoor pools located across the city.
- NYC PARKS PREPARES KIDS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL SEASON WITH YOUTH TECH WORKSHOPS ALL WEEK
- Get Fit for Free During BeFitNYC Week!
- The Outdoors Beckon This Weekend
- Al Oerter Recreation Center, Constance Baker Motley Recreation Center & Chelsea Recreation Center HVAC Systems Reconstruction
- Chelsea Recreation Center Fitness Room Reconstruction
- Chelsea Recreation Center Storefront Entry System Reconstruction
- Citywide HVAC Controls Building Automation Systems Installation