Back to Monuments List
Literary Walk Restoration Marker
Click image for larger view
- Location: South end of Mall
- Description: Sidewalk intaglio with inset lettering and compass motif
- Materials: Red, black and gray granite; inset lettering and compass motif--bronze
- Dimensions: L: 18'10" W: 12'5" (total)
- Cast: 1990
- Dedicated: 1990
- Donor: Anne Burnett and Charles Tandy Foundation
- Inscription: 1) in circle below compass points: "THE CITY OF NEW YORK DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION * THE CENTRAL PARK CONSERVANCY *"
2) in granite square inside circle: "THE MALL / LITERARY WALK / THE RESTORATION OF THIS LANDSCAPE / WAS MADE POSSIBLE THROUGH THE GENEROSITY OF / ANNE BURNETT / AND / CHARLES TANDY FOUNDATION / 1990"
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143