Back to Monuments List
Edwin Franko Goldman
Click image for larger view
- Location: Right wall of Naumberg Bandshell
- Description: Plaque on exterior wall
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 11" W: 15"
- Dedicated: October 19, 1976
- Donor: National Music Council, Exxon
- Inscription: A LANDMARK OF AMERICAN MUSIC / EDWIN FRANKO GOLDMAN / 1878-1956 / COMPOSER-CONDUCTOR / THE GUGGENHEIM CONCERTS BY THE WORLD / RENOWNED GOLDMAN BAND WERE PLAYED / HERE "ON THE MALL" EVERY SUMMER FROM / 1923 TO 1969. PRESENTED BY THE / NATIONAL MUSIC COUNCIL, AND EXXON /
SEAL OF AMERICAN REVOLUTION BICENTENNIAL 1776-1976
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143