Back to Monuments List
Michael Friedsam Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: Carousel Building
- Description: Tablet affixed to exterior wall
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 1'4 ½" W: 3'
- Dedicated: July 2, 1951
- Donor: Gift of the children of New York
- Inscription: MICHAEL FRIEDSAM MEMORIAL / THIS MERRY-GO-ROUND / REPLACING A FAMOUS LANDMARK IS A / GIFT TO THE CHILDREN OF THE CITY / BY THE / MICHAEL FRIEDSAM FOUNDATION / 1951 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143