Back to Monuments List
Central Park Tablet
Click image for larger view
- Location: Exterior of Arsenal Building, ground floor
- Description: Tablet
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 16 ½" W: 18"
- Dedicated: 1965; Installed June 1967
- Donor: National Park Service
- Inscription: CENTRAL PARK / HAS BEEN DESIGNED A / REGISTERED NATIONAL / HISTORIC LANDMARK / UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF THE / HISTORIC SITES ACT OF AUGUST 21,1935 / THIS SITE POSSESSES EXCEPTIONAL VALUE / IN COMMEMORATING AND ILLUSTRATING / THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES / US DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR / NATIONAL PARK SERVICE / 1965
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143