Back to Monuments List
Mount Saint Vincent Plaque
Click image for larger view
- Location: northwest of Conservatory Garden
- Description: Plaque in two parts
- Materials: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: image part h 10" x w 1'4"; text part h 3½" x w 1'4"
- Cast: 1995
- Dedicated: May 2, 1995
- Inscription: Near this site along the old Kingsbridge Road stoof the first / Motherhouse of the Sisters of Charity Saint Vincent de Paul of New York / and the academy of Mount Saint Vincent / 1847-1859 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143