Back to Monuments List
Loeb Boathouse Plaque
Click image for larger view
- Location: Exterior wall of Loeb Boathouse, opposite The Rowers
- Description: Plaque
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 3'1¾" W: 2'1"
- Cast: 1968
- Dedicated: March 12, 1954; rededicated Spring 1968
- Donor: Replacement--DPR
- Inscription: 1) original: "72ND ST. LAKE / CENTRAL PARK BOATHOUSE / A GIFT TO THE CITY OF NEW YORK / BY / ADELINE AND CARL M. LOEB / 1953"
2) replacement: "FOR THE PEOPLE / OF THE CITY OF / NEW YORK / CARL M. & ADELINE / LOEB / CENTRAL PARK / BOATHOUSE"
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143