Back to Monuments List
Click image for larger view
- Location: South end of mall, Park Drive
- Description: 2 plaques on boulder
- Materials: Aluminum
- Dimensions: H: 6" W: 12 ½"
- Dedicated: May 18, 19, 1972
- Donor: NYC DPR
- Inscription: NEW PLANTING * SOUTH END OF THE MALL / THIS WORK CARRIED OUT FOR
THE / 150TH ANNIVERSARY OF OLMSTED'S BIRTH. / PLEASE PROTECT THE
SHRUBS AND FLOWERS / NYC PARKS, RECREATION AND CULTURAL AFFAIRS
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143