Back to Monuments List
American Museum of Natural History Tablet
Click image for larger view
- Location: The Arsenal Gallery
- Description: Tablet
- Materials: Carrara marble with bronze letters
- Dimensions: H: 2'6" W: 1'10"
- Cast: ca. 1929
- Dedicated: January 13, 1929
- Donor: American Museum of Natural History
- Inscription: THE ARSENAL BUILDING / CENTRAL PARK NEW YORK CITY / THE FIRST HOME OF / THE AMERICAN MUSEUM / OF NATURAL HISTORY / FROM 1869 TO 1877 / THIS TABLET IS ERECTED BY / DIRECTION OF / THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF / THE AMERICAN MUSEUM / JANUARY 13, 1929 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143