Back to Monuments List
Commissioner Newbold Morris
Click image for larger view
- Location: Between Arsenal and Central Park Zoo; next to bench at the SW corner of building
- Description: Tablet on plinth
- Materials: Bronze, granite
- Dimensions: H: 6 3/8" W: 15"
- Dedicated: 1966
- Donor: Division of monuments
- Inscription: PARK COMMISSIONER'S BENCH / RESERVED FOR / NEWBOLD MORRIS / A
DEDICATED PUBLIC SERVANT/
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143