Central Park Tour: The Ramble
Sunday, September 22, 2019
2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Coined the "wild garden" by designer Frederick Law Olmsted, the Ramble offers visitors a tranquil spot to meander along winding paths and discover hidden forest gardens. This truly is a place for the urban explorer to escape the city and get lost in nature.
Join us for a tour of this serene 36-acre woodland, led by Central Park Conservancy guides. Highlights of this tour include the Lake, Bow Bridge, Ramble Arch, Oak Bridge, the Gill, and Azalea Pond.
Meet: Belvedere Castle (mid-Park at 79th Street). Map of start location
Terrain: Moderate inclines and a few stairs
Length of Tour: approximately 90 minutes
Cost: Tickets $15 (Members $10). No groups, please. Purchase tickets online!
For weather cancellation and other ticket policies, please review our Tours Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Groups of seven or more must schedule a group tour three weeks in advance at email@example.com.
Tickets: $15 per person. Central Park Conservancy members: $10 per person.
Directions to Central Park
- STARK VIEW OF THE NATURAL WORLD ON DISPLAY IN MIXED MEDIA EXHIBIT “NATURE IN BLACK AND WHITE”
- POWER OF PROTESTS IN NEW YORK CITY’S PARKS ON DISPLAY IN ARSENAL GALLERY’S ANNUAL BLACK HISTORY MONTH EXHIBIT
- GETTIN’ “WREATHY” WITH IT! NYC PARKS’ ANNUAL WREATH INTERPRETATIONS EXHIBIT ON VIEW THROUGH THE NEW YEAR
- Discovery Walks for Families: Turtle Pond
- Yeti, Set, Snow!
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Central Park Tour: The Belvedere: Beautiful View
- Yeti, Set, Snow!
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums