>Central Park Tour: Southern Welcome Tour
Saturday, March 23, 2019
2:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Saturday between 3/23/2019 and 3/30/2019.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join Central Park Conservancy guides for an introduction to some of the southern park highlights, including Grand Army Plaza, the Pond, Gapstow Bridge, Wollman Rink, Chess & Checkers House, and the Dairy.
Meet: Inside the Park at 61st Street and Fifth Avenue. Map of the start location
Terrain: A few inclines and some stairs.
Length of Tour: Approximately 60 minutes
Cost: Free; registration not required. No groups, please.
For weather cancellation and other ticket policies, please review our Tours Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Groups of seven or more must schedule a group tour three weeks in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tour ends at the Dairy (mid-Park at 65th Street)
Directions to Central Park
- STARK VIEW OF THE NATURAL WORLD ON DISPLAY IN MIXED MEDIA EXHIBIT “NATURE IN BLACK AND WHITE”
- POWER OF PROTESTS IN NEW YORK CITY’S PARKS ON DISPLAY IN ARSENAL GALLERY’S ANNUAL BLACK HISTORY MONTH EXHIBIT
- GETTIN’ “WREATHY” WITH IT! NYC PARKS’ ANNUAL WREATH INTERPRETATIONS EXHIBIT ON VIEW THROUGH THE NEW YEAR
- Exhibition: Nature in Black and White
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- City Parks Foundation Presents Puss in Boots at the Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre
- City Parks Foundation Presents Puss In Boots at the Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre
- Central Park Tour: Southern Welcome Tour
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums