Central Park Tour: Discovery Walk for Families: Towering Trees - The Ramble
Saturday, August 11, 2018
10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
This event repeats every 2 weeks on Saturday between 7/14/2018 and 8/25/2018.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Take a hike through the Ramble and learn how to tell a maple from an oak! Discover how trees - from seeds and leaves to logs - contribute to the health of an urban park woodland community.
Bring your family for a guided walk and discover why Central Park is a sanctuary for plants, animals, and humans alike. Learn about the architecture, landscapes, and ecosystems of the Park through hands-on exploration using Discovery Kits – rugged backpacks filled with kid-friendly binoculars, field guides, hand lenses, and and complementary Discovery Journal.
Meet: Meet: Loeb Boathouse Express Café (East Drive and 75th Street). Map of start location.
Terrain: A few inclines, some stairs, and wood-chipped trails; may not be suitable for strollers.
Length of Tour: Approximately 90 minutes
Cost: Free. Space is limited, registration required. Families with children ages 5+ only; no groups, please. Please arrive at walk location 15 minutes before the start of the Discovery Walk to allow time for check in..
For weather cancellation and other ticket policies, please review our Tours Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Loeb Boathouse Express Café
Free | Free. Space is limited, registration required. Families with children ages 5+ only; no groups, please. Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the Discovery Walk to allow time for check in.
Directions to Central Park
- STARK VIEW OF THE NATURAL WORLD ON DISPLAY IN MIXED MEDIA EXHIBIT “NATURE IN BLACK AND WHITE”
- POWER OF PROTESTS IN NEW YORK CITY’S PARKS ON DISPLAY IN ARSENAL GALLERY’S ANNUAL BLACK HISTORY MONTH EXHIBIT
- GETTIN’ “WREATHY” WITH IT! NYC PARKS’ ANNUAL WREATH INTERPRETATIONS EXHIBIT ON VIEW THROUGH THE NEW YEAR
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- City Parks Foundation Presents Puss in Boots at the Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre
- Central Park: Conservatory Garden Tour
- Discovery Walks for Families: Shakespeare Garden
- Central Park Tour: Hallett Nature Sanctuary and the Pond
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums