Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
Friday, August 10, 2018
2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 8/9/2018 and 8/31/2018.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Take our signature tour, and let Central Park Conservancy guides give you an insider's look at some of the most iconic features of the world's greatest urban park. Learn how rocky, swampy land was built into the living work of art that is Central Park today. Highlights of this tour include: the Dairy, Sheep Meadow, Cherry Hill, The Lake, Bow Bridge, Bethesda Terrace, The Mall, and Literary Walk.
Audio enhancement equipment will be used for this tour. A limited number of hearing loops are available and can be requested with ticket purchase.
Meet: Dairy Visitor Center & Gift Shop (mid-Park between 64th and 65th Streets). Enter the Park at 60th Street and Fifth Avenue, and follow the path adjacent to the drive (road) north; the Dairy will be on your left. Please note Google Maps does not recognize this location. Map of start location
Terrain: A few inclines and some stairs.
Length of Tour: Approximately 90 minutes
Cost: Tickets $15 (Members $10)
To purchase tickets, please click here
For weather cancellation and other ticket policies, please review our Tours Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Groups of seven or more must schedule a group tour three weeks in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-Park between 64th and 65th Streets. Enter the Park at 60th Street and Fifth Avenue, and follow the path adjacent to the drive (road) north; the Dairy will be on your left.
Tickets: $15 per person. Central Park Conservancy members: $10 per person.
Directions to Central Park
- STARK VIEW OF THE NATURAL WORLD ON DISPLAY IN MIXED MEDIA EXHIBIT “NATURE IN BLACK AND WHITE”
- POWER OF PROTESTS IN NEW YORK CITY’S PARKS ON DISPLAY IN ARSENAL GALLERY’S ANNUAL BLACK HISTORY MONTH EXHIBIT
- GETTIN’ “WREATHY” WITH IT! NYC PARKS’ ANNUAL WREATH INTERPRETATIONS EXHIBIT ON VIEW THROUGH THE NEW YEAR
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- City Parks Foundation Presents Puss in Boots at the Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre
- Central Park: Conservatory Garden Tour
- Discovery Walks for Families: Shakespeare Garden
- Central Park Tour: Hallett Nature Sanctuary and the Pond
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums