Central Park Tour: Southern Welcome Tour
Saturday, February 24, 2018
2:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join Central Park Conservancy guides for an introduction to some of the southern park highlights, including Grand Army Plaza, the pond, Gapstow Bridge, Wollman Rink, Chess & Checkers House, and the Dairy.
Meet: Inside the Park at 61st Street and Fifth Avenue. Tour ends at the Dairy (mid-Park at 65th Street). Map of start location
Terrain: Moderate inclines and some stairs
Length of Tour: approximately 60 minutes
Cost: Free, registration not required
For weather cancellation, ticket and other policies, please review Central Park's Conservancy's policies carefully. Groups of seven or more must schedule a custom tour three weeks in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please review the Frequently Asked Questions.
Inside the Park at 61st Street and Fifth Avenue. Tour ends at the Dairy (mid-Park at 65th Street)
Free | Free, registration not required
Directions to Central Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 3 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Beginning June 27, 2018, Central Park will become entirely car-free. The Central Park transverse roads at 97th, 86th, 79th and 65th Streets will remain open to motor vehicles.
Belvedere Castle Visitor Center
Beginning Monday, February 26, Belvedere Castle will be closed for restoration. The castle will reopen to the public in 2019. To reach our Urban Park Rangers at Central Park, please call (212) 360-1444.
Beginning Monday, February 26, Belvedere Castle will be closed for restoration. The surrounding plaza and terrace remain open, but will also close in the coming weeks. The Belvedere will reopen to the public in 2019. For more information on the restoration of Belvedere Castle, please visit Central Park Conservancy's website.
- NYC PARKS OFFERS ALLURING NEW PHOTO EXHIBIT “A COLLECTIVE UTTERANCE”
- “1978: THE NYC PARKS/NEW YORK TIMES PHOTO PROJECT” REVISITS AND REVEALS BYGONE ERA IN NEW YORK CITY PARKS
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- Central Park Discovery Walk for Families: Statues and Monuments
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Central Park Spring Blooms: Conservatory Garden Tour
- Central Park Tour: Discovery Walk for Families: Towering Trees - Hallett Nature Sanctuary and the Pond
- CANCELLED: Central Park Tour: Stroll to Strawberry Fields
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums