Arsenal Gallery Exhibition: Identity
Friday, February 23, 2018
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every weekday between 1/18/2018 and 2/23/2018.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Identity showcases works in fiber that explore imagery of people of the African Diaspora. Curated by Michelle Bishop of Harlem Needle Arts, the exhibition features pieces by nine artists who use a variety of media including embroidery, soft sculpture, quilt, and mixed media. With elements of swag, spirituality, icons, music, and social justice, the works illustrate self-awareness, identify, motivation, and varying backgrounds and traditions that govern the artists’ lives.
This exhibition is presented with the NYC Parks Ebony Society. The Society has helped organize the annual Black History Month exhibition in the Arsenal Gallery since 1991.
Art & Antiquities, Harlem Needle Arts, NYC Parks Ebony Society
Directions to Central Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 3 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Beginning June 27, 2018, Central Park will become entirely car-free. The Central Park transverse roads at 97th, 86th, 79th and 65th Streets will remain open to motor vehicles.
Belvedere Castle Visitor Center
Beginning Monday, February 26, Belvedere Castle will be closed for restoration. The castle will reopen to the public in 2019. To reach our Urban Park Rangers at Central Park, please call (212) 360-1444.
Beginning Monday, February 26, Belvedere Castle will be closed for restoration. The surrounding plaza and terrace remain open, but will also close in the coming weeks. The Belvedere will reopen to the public in 2019. For more information on the restoration of Belvedere Castle, please visit Central Park Conservancy's website.
- “1978: THE NYC PARKS/NEW YORK TIMES PHOTO PROJECT” REVISITS AND REVEALS BYGONE ERA IN NEW YORK CITY PARKS
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- THE CITY OF NEW YORK AND THE BRONX MUSEUM JOIN THE OFFICE OF THE HISTORIAN OF HAVANA TO DEDICATE JOSE MARTÍ MONUMENT IN CUBA
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Central Park Spring Blooms: Conservatory Garden Tour
- Central Park Tour: Stroll to Strawberry Fields
- Arsenal Gallery Opening Reception: A Collective Utterance - Naima Green
- Arsenal Gallery Exhibition: A Collective Utterance - Naima Green
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums