Workshop for New Volunteers: How to Get Involved With Your Park
Monday, December 11, 2017
6:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Do you want to make a difference in your community and support or care for a park near you?
At Partnerships for Parks, we help people, organizations, and government work together to support NYC parks, gardens, trees, and other green spaces. At this workshop, we will share all of the ways that people can get involved with supporting parks.
Topics will include:
- Who you need to know in NYC Parks
- How you and your neighbors can spruce up your park with an “It’s My Park” project
- How staff from your company can support a park
- Ways to join together with neighbors who also care about your park
Featured Speakers will include:
- Le'alani Boykin, Director of Technical Assistance, Partnerships for Parks
- Wes Hamilton, Park Manager, NYC Parks
- Patricia Marte, Outreach Coordinator, Partnerships for Parks
- Acacia Thompson, North Greenpoint Neighbors
Meet staff members, and hear stories from experienced volunteers and community leaders.
This workshop is recommended for people who have been working with their parks for less than one year.
Please register here if you would like to attend.
Directions to Central Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 3 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Beginning June 27, 2018, Central Park will become entirely car-free. The Central Park transverse roads at 97th, 86th, 79th and 65th Streets will remain open to motor vehicles.
Belvedere Castle Visitor Center
Beginning Monday, February 26, Belvedere Castle will be closed for restoration. The castle will reopen to the public in 2019. To reach our Urban Park Rangers at Central Park, please call (212) 360-1444.
Beginning Monday, February 26, Belvedere Castle will be closed for restoration. The surrounding plaza and terrace remain open, but will also close in the coming weeks. The Belvedere will reopen to the public in 2019. For more information on the restoration of Belvedere Castle, please visit Central Park Conservancy's website.
- NYC PARKS OFFERS ALLURING NEW PHOTO EXHIBIT “A COLLECTIVE UTTERANCE”
- “1978: THE NYC PARKS/NEW YORK TIMES PHOTO PROJECT” REVISITS AND REVEALS BYGONE ERA IN NEW YORK CITY PARKS
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- Arsenal Gallery Exhibition: A Collective Utterance - Naima Green
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Peace in the Park: Bringing Communities Together
- Central Park Tour: Stroll to Strawberry Fields
- Central Park Tour: Discovery Walk for Families: Towering Trees - The North Woods
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums