Discovery Walks for Families: Beginning Birders - The North Woods
Saturday, November 25, 2017
10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Why do birds flock to Central Park every spring and fall? We’ll find out as we explore Central Park’s woodlands, and learn the basics of bird identification along the way!
Bring your family for a guided walk and discover why Central Park is a sanctuary for plants, animals, and humans alike. Learn about the architecture, landscapes, and ecosystems of the Park through hands-on exploration using Discovery Kits – rugged backpacks filled with kid-friendly binoculars, field guides, and hand lenses.
Pre-registration required as space is limited. Families with children ages 5+ only; no groups, please. Please arrive at walk location 15 minutes before the start of the Discovery Walk to allow time for check in and to pick up Discovery Kits.
Terrain: Uneven, with hills, stairs, and wood-chipped trails; may not be suitable for strollers.
Directions to Central Park
- NYC PARKS AND THE STANTON AND ANTHONY STATUE FUND DEDICATE FUTURE SITE FOR THE “ELIZABETH CADY STANTON AND SUSAN B. ANTHONY WOMAN SUFFRAGE MOVEMENT MONUMENT”
- “IT’S HAPPENING!” NYC PARKS TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF PUBLIC ART PROGRAM WITH FESTIVAL IN CENTRAL PARK
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES VIBRANT FLORA IN PLANT PATTERNS EXHIBIT IN CENTRAL PARK
- Discovery Walks for Families: Statues and Monuments
- Central Park Tour: West Side Stories
- The Three Bears Holiday Bash
- Central Park Tour: Heart of the Park
- Central Park Christmas Bird Count
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums