Exhibition - Over Here: A Centennial Commemoration of World War I Memorials in NYC Parks
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every weekday between 9/14/2017 and 11/24/2017.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
A century after US entry into World War I, the exhibit Over Here features 39 of the 102 World War Memorials in New York City’s Parks. Through the use of 94 vintage and contemporary photographs, as well as original renderings, and objects, the show conveys the losses that communities throughout the city experienced and the artistic response. The show also references how parks were used for the war effort.
Highlights include images of sculptor Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, an original rendering of Father Duffy in Times Square, and the bronze maquette for the Woodside Doughboy.
This exhibition is free and open to the public. Closed on Holidays. For more information, please call (212) 360-8163.
Directions to Central Park
- NYC PARKS AND THE STANTON AND ANTHONY STATUE FUND DEDICATE FUTURE SITE FOR THE “ELIZABETH CADY STANTON AND SUSAN B. ANTHONY WOMAN SUFFRAGE MOVEMENT MONUMENT”
- “IT’S HAPPENING!” NYC PARKS TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF PUBLIC ART PROGRAM WITH FESTIVAL IN CENTRAL PARK
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES VIBRANT FLORA IN PLANT PATTERNS EXHIBIT IN CENTRAL PARK
- Discovery Walks for Families: Beginning Birders - The North Woods
- Central Park Tour: Stroll to Strawberry Fields
- The Three Bears Holiday Bash
- Discovery Walks for Families: Towering Trees
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums