Exhibition - SPF16: NYC Pools and Beaches in Contemporary Photography
Friday, August 19, 2016
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every weekday between 6/23/2016 and 8/26/2016.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Every year millions of New Yorkers beat the heat in NYC Parks’ 55 outdoor pools and 14 miles of beaches. The Arsenal Gallery celebrates the 2016 summer season with the exhibition SPF16: NYC Pools and Beaches in Contemporary Photography, which highlights the city’s most popular warm weather amenities—its public pools and beaches.
Exhibited artists include Juliana Beasley, Damion Berger, Rona Chang, Bruce Davidson, Tobias Hutzler, Bruce Katz, Michael Kirby Smith, Wayne Lawrence, Greg Miller, Christine Osinski, Thomas Roma, and Lauren Welles.
Please note: the Arsenal elevator is currently out of service. We apologize for the inconveinience.
Directions to Central Park
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES VIBRANT FLORA IN PLANT PATTERNS EXHIBIT IN CENTRAL PARK
- FIVE ARTISTS EXAMINE THE NATURAL WORLD AND FOUND OBJECTS IN GROUP SHOW “OTHER HOMES”
- NYC PARKS’ POOLS AND BEACHES HIGHLIGHTED IN “SPF16: NYC POOLS AND BEACHES IN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHY”
- Discovery Walks for Families: Beginning Birders - Hallett Nature Sanctuary
- Stories at the Statue of Hans Christian Andersen
- Central Park Tour: Northern Forts
- Discovery Walks for Families: Living Laboratory
- Central Park Tour: Southern Welcome Tour
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums