Exhibition: Tomorrow's World: The New York World’s Fairs and Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every weekday between 6/26/2014 and 8/27/2014.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
In celebration of the 50th and 75th anniversaries of the World’s Fairs, Tomorrow’s World will include never before exhibited vintage images from the Parks Photo Archive and private collections that illustrate the dynamic evolution and conversion of a vast industrial wasteland into New York City's fourth largest park. The World’s Fairs propelled this transformation, while serving as defining social and cultural events for two generations. The show will also include memorabilia, as well as two zodiac animals from Paul Manship’s vandalized Armillary Sphere from the second fair.
This exhibition is free and open to the public. For more information, please call (212) 360-8163.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- NYC PARKS’ POOLS AND BEACHES HIGHLIGHTED IN “SPF16: NYC POOLS AND BEACHES IN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHY”
- NYC Parks Joins The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- NYC Parks Joins The U.s. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- Art in the Parks: UNIQLO Park Expressions Grant Information Session - Manhattan
- Exhibition - My Father's Son: Photographs by Irwin Silver and Mitchell Silver
- Seniors Fitness in Central Park
- Central Park Tour: Legendary Landmarks
- Discovery Walks for Families: Woodland Wonderland
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums