Central Park Tour: Southern Welcome Tour
Saturday, August 16, 2014
12:00 p.m.–12:45 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Travel from Grand Army Plaza, past the Pond and Gapstow Bridge, and stop at the Dairy on this trip through the southern Central Park highlights. The route involves moderate inclines and some stairs.
Tours take place rain or shine, except in extreme weather conditions (heavy rain, sustained winds of 30 mph or more, snowstorms, and a wind chill below 25 or heat index above 95 degrees).
For the latest information or to see more dates for this tour, check the Central Park Conservancy calendar. Tour dates and times are subject to change without notice.
Directions to Central Park
- NYC PARKS AND FDNY REINFORCED THE IMPORTANCE OF ICE SAFETY IN WINTER MONTHS WITH ON-ICE RESCUE DEMONSTRATION
- NYC PARKS AND THE STANTON AND ANTHONY STATUE FUND DEDICATE FUTURE SITE FOR THE “ELIZABETH CADY STANTON AND SUSAN B. ANTHONY WOMAN SUFFRAGE MOVEMENT MONUMENT”
- “IT’S HAPPENING!” NYC PARKS TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF PUBLIC ART PROGRAM WITH FESTIVAL IN CENTRAL PARK
- Central Park Tour: Southern Welcome Tour
- Central Park Tour: Seneca Village
- Arsenal Gallery Exhibition: Identity
- Central Park Tour: Northern Forts
- Kids Week Manhattan: Geology
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums