Exhibition: Tomorrow's World: The New York World’s Fairs and Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every weekday between 6/26/2014 and 8/27/2014.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
In celebration of the 50th and 75th anniversaries of the World’s Fairs, Tomorrow’s World will include never before exhibited vintage images from the Parks Photo Archive and private collections that illustrate the dynamic evolution and conversion of a vast industrial wasteland into New York City's fourth largest park. The World’s Fairs propelled this transformation, while serving as defining social and cultural events for two generations. The show will also include memorabilia, as well as two zodiac animals from Paul Manship’s vandalized Armillary Sphere from the second fair.
This exhibition is free and open to the public. For more information, please call (212) 360-8163.
Directions to Central Park
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES VIBRANT FLORA IN PLANT PATTERNS EXHIBIT IN CENTRAL PARK
- FIVE ARTISTS EXAMINE THE NATURAL WORLD AND FOUND OBJECTS IN GROUP SHOW “OTHER HOMES”
- NYC PARKS’ POOLS AND BEACHES HIGHLIGHTED IN “SPF16: NYC POOLS AND BEACHES IN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHY”
- Arsenal Gallery Exhibit: Plant Patterns
- Stories at the Statue of Hans Christian Andersen
- Central Park Tour: Heart of the Park
- Central Park Tour: Conservatory Garden
- Central Park Tour: Southern Welcome Tour
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums