Shakespeare in the Park: King Lear
Sunday, August 10, 2014
8:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 7/22/2014 and 8/17/2014.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Revenge, rage, grief and delusion thunder upon the Delacorte as Tony® and Emmy® Award winner John Lithgow takes the stage as one of theater’s great tragic heroes, King Lear. Tony winner Daniel Sullivan directs Shakespeare’s classic drama about a King who loses everything—including his mind—when he disowns his favorite daughter, and finds himself betrayed in return.
New York's most treasured summer tradition, Free Shakespeare in the Park, celebrates its 52nd season in Central Park's famous Delacorte Theater. Love and madness, laughter and tragedy combine for a uniquely thrilling season of exciting theater and exceptional performances under the stars. Join over 5 million people who have enjoyed The Public Theater's free performances and experience the heights of romance and the depths of duplicity in a setting unlike any other, in the heart of Manhattan.Free tickets to the 2014 season will once again be distributed in the Park, online via the Virtual Ticketing Lottery, and in the five boroughs of New York City. For more info on getting tickets, visit the Shakespeare in the Park tickets page.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- NYC PARKS’ POOLS AND BEACHES HIGHLIGHTED IN “SPF16: NYC POOLS AND BEACHES IN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHY”
- NYC Parks Joins The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- NYC Parks Joins The U.s. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- Central Park Tour: Secrets of the Southwest Park
- Central Park Tour: Seneca Village
- Winter Wonderland Hike (Vigorous)
- Central Park Tour: Northern Forts
- Central Park Tour: Heart of the Park
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums