Arsenal Gallery Black History Month Exhibition: The March
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 1/23/2014 and 2/27/2014.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
In commemoration of Black History Month, the Arsenal Gallery is pleased to present The March, an exhibition that includes work from seventeen artists. Coordinated by NYC Parks’ Ebony Society, this exhibition reflects on the struggles and victories of the Civil Rights Movement past, present and future, as well as those individuals who have advanced the cause.
Artists include: Mitsuko Brooks, Gladys Carty, Tuwanda Harmon, Bill Howard, Nathaniel Ladson, Olga Matos-Castillo, Dionis Ortiz, Malcolm Pinckney, Ansel Pitcairn, Victor Polanco, Jake Seo, Christopher Spinelli, Dexter G. Stringfellow, Mario Tavarez, Alan J.P. Thompson, Quay Quinn Wolf, and Wayne Young.
Open Monday- Friday, 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Admission is free, closed on holidays.
Directions to Central Park
- NYC PARKS’ POOLS AND BEACHES HIGHLIGHTED IN “SPF16: NYC POOLS AND BEACHES IN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHY”
- NYC Parks Joins The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- NYC Parks Joins The U.s. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- Conservatory Garden Tour
- CANCELLED: Central Park Tour: Heart of the Park
- Central Park Tour: Stroll to Strawberry Fields
- Ranger's Choice: Twilight Canoe Adventure (Advanced)
- Central Park Tour: The Art of the Park
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums