Arsenal Gallery Black History Month Exhibition: The March
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 1/23/2014 and 2/27/2014.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
In commemoration of Black History Month, the Arsenal Gallery is pleased to present The March, an exhibition that includes work from seventeen artists. Coordinated by NYC Parks’ Ebony Society, this exhibition reflects on the struggles and victories of the Civil Rights Movement past, present and future, as well as those individuals who have advanced the cause.
Artists include: Mitsuko Brooks, Gladys Carty, Tuwanda Harmon, Bill Howard, Nathaniel Ladson, Olga Matos-Castillo, Dionis Ortiz, Malcolm Pinckney, Ansel Pitcairn, Victor Polanco, Jake Seo, Christopher Spinelli, Dexter G. Stringfellow, Mario Tavarez, Alan J.P. Thompson, Quay Quinn Wolf, and Wayne Young.
Open Monday- Friday, 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Admission is free, closed on holidays.
Directions to Central Park
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES VIBRANT FLORA IN PLANT PATTERNS EXHIBIT IN CENTRAL PARK
- FIVE ARTISTS EXAMINE THE NATURAL WORLD AND FOUND OBJECTS IN GROUP SHOW “OTHER HOMES”
- NYC PARKS’ POOLS AND BEACHES HIGHLIGHTED IN “SPF16: NYC POOLS AND BEACHES IN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHY”
- Peace in the Park: Embracing Life's Beauty
- Stories at the Statue of Hans Christian Andersen
- Central Park Tour: Conservatory Garden
- Central Park Conservancy's Chess Lecture and Simul Series
- Central Park Tour: North Woods
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums