Wednesday, January 8, 2014
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 12/5/2013 and 1/9/2014.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
NYC Parks celebrates the holiday season with its 31st annual exhibition of unique, unconventional wreaths. A diverse selection of 46 fine artists, horticulturalists, designers, and other spirited contributors enliven this ageless holiday symbol. Materials such as neck ties, rat traps, acorns, and recycled plastic bags are used to examine themes as diverse as zombie apocalypses to water conservation. This exhibition is sure to be an imaginative and enjoyable experience this year's holiday season.
***CLOSED CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS DAY***
This event is free and open to the public.
Directions to Central Park
- NYC PARKS AND FDNY REINFORCED THE IMPORTANCE OF ICE SAFETY IN WINTER MONTHS WITH ON-ICE RESCUE DEMONSTRATION
- NYC PARKS AND THE STANTON AND ANTHONY STATUE FUND DEDICATE FUTURE SITE FOR THE “ELIZABETH CADY STANTON AND SUSAN B. ANTHONY WOMAN SUFFRAGE MOVEMENT MONUMENT”
- “IT’S HAPPENING!” NYC PARKS TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF PUBLIC ART PROGRAM WITH FESTIVAL IN CENTRAL PARK
- Central Park Tour: Seneca Village
- Arsenal Gallery Exhibition: Identity
- Central Park Tour: Northern Forts
- Kids Week Manhattan: Geology
- Central Park Discovery Walk for Families: Time Travelers
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums