Holiday Lighting in Central Park
Thursday, December 5, 2013
5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Celebrate the season at our 17th annual Holiday Lighting in northern Central Park.
Watch the live carving of holiday ice sculptures by Okamoto Studio, sing carols on the Plaza, take your photo with Santa (bring your own camera), and warm up with hot cocoa and cookies!
Event culminates with the lighting of the Dana Discovery Center, and a flotilla of 17 trees on the Harlem Meer.
Families only; no groups, please. Strollers are not allowed on the Plaza. Stroller parking will be provided.
The event, organized by the Women’s Committee of the Central Park Conservancy, is made possible by our founding sponsor ConEdison.
Directions to Central Park
Know Before You Go
The Arsenal Gallery is temporarily closed. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please join us on October 19, 2016 for the opening of "My Father’s Son: Photographs by Irwin Silver and Mitchell J. Silver".
Central Park Weather
- NYC PARKS’ POOLS AND BEACHES HIGHLIGHTED IN “SPF16: NYC POOLS AND BEACHES IN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHY”
- NYC Parks Joins The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- NYC Parks Joins The U.s. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- Birding Basics for Families: The Ramble
- Discovery Club for Families
- Central Park Tour: Southern Welcome Tour
- Central Park Tour: Conservatory Garden
- Central Park Tour: The Ramble
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums