Holiday Lighting in Central Park
Thursday, December 5, 2013
5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Celebrate the season at our 17th annual Holiday Lighting in northern Central Park.
Watch the live carving of holiday ice sculptures by Okamoto Studio, sing carols on the Plaza, take your photo with Santa (bring your own camera), and warm up with hot cocoa and cookies!
Event culminates with the lighting of the Dana Discovery Center, and a flotilla of 17 trees on the Harlem Meer.
Families only; no groups, please. Strollers are not allowed on the Plaza. Stroller parking will be provided.
The event, organized by the Women’s Committee of the Central Park Conservancy, is made possible by our founding sponsor ConEdison.
Directions to Central Park
- NYC PARKS AND THE STANTON AND ANTHONY STATUE FUND DEDICATE FUTURE SITE FOR THE “ELIZABETH CADY STANTON AND SUSAN B. ANTHONY WOMAN SUFFRAGE MOVEMENT MONUMENT”
- “IT’S HAPPENING!” NYC PARKS TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF PUBLIC ART PROGRAM WITH FESTIVAL IN CENTRAL PARK
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES VIBRANT FLORA IN PLANT PATTERNS EXHIBIT IN CENTRAL PARK
- Discovery Walks for Families: Beginning Birders - Hallett Nature Sanctuary and The Pond
- Central Park Tour: Heart of the Park
- The Three Bears Holiday Bash
- Discovery Walks for Families: Hallett Nature Sanctuary
- Central Park Tour: Northern Forts
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums