CityParks Seniors Fitness: Tennis
Friday, November 1, 2013
1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Friday between 9/27/2013 and 11/1/2013.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
City Parks Foundation welcomes all New Yorkers, 60 and over, to participate in CityParks Seniors Fitness. The Fall 2013 season of free fitness programs will begin the week of September 23rd and will offer free tennis lessons, yoga instruction and fitness walking in 14 parks across the city.
All activities in this six–week fitness program take place twice a week at each location through November 1, 2013. Participants are encouraged to maintain regular attendance to maximize health benefits.
CityParks Seniors Fitness has served over 5,000 participants since it began in 2006 and aims to keep neighborhood parks a great place for community activity. The program encourages New Yorkers to maximize the health benefits of staying active at every age. Even in moderate amounts, exercise can help participants feel better, maintain or lose weight, reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes, and minimize the symptoms of arthritis.
All equipment and instruction is provided free of charge.
Directions to Central Park
- NYC PARKS AND THE STANTON AND ANTHONY STATUE FUND DEDICATE FUTURE SITE FOR THE “ELIZABETH CADY STANTON AND SUSAN B. ANTHONY WOMAN SUFFRAGE MOVEMENT MONUMENT”
- “IT’S HAPPENING!” NYC PARKS TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF PUBLIC ART PROGRAM WITH FESTIVAL IN CENTRAL PARK
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES VIBRANT FLORA IN PLANT PATTERNS EXHIBIT IN CENTRAL PARK
- Discovery Walks for Families: Beginning Birders - The North Woods
- Central Park Tour: Stroll to Strawberry Fields
- The Three Bears Holiday Bash
- Discovery Walks for Families: Towering Trees
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums