History of Sports in Central Park
Saturday, August 31, 2013
12:30 p.m.–1:45 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Learn how tastes in recreation have changed since the mid-19th century and how the Park has been changed to mirror those tastes. The route for this walk involves a few stairs.
Note: Groups of seven or more people must call (212) 360-2726 or email to schedule a custom tour.
Tours take place rain or shine, except in extreme weather conditions (heavy rain, sustained winds of 30mph or more, snowstorms, and a wind chill below 25 or heat index above 95 degrees).
Tour dates and times are subject to change without notice. For the latest information, check our Events Calendar.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- NYC PARKS’ POOLS AND BEACHES HIGHLIGHTED IN “SPF16: NYC POOLS AND BEACHES IN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHY”
- NYC Parks Joins The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- NYC Parks Joins The U.s. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- Central Park Tour: Secrets of the Southwest Park
- Central Park Tour: Seneca Village
- Winter Wonderland Hike (Vigorous)
- Central Park Tour: Northern Forts
- Central Park Tour: Heart of the Park
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums