Views From the Past
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Learn about the Park's history and how its designers, Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, struggled to make their vision our reality. The route involves a few stairs.
Space is limited; advance registration required. Includes use of tour audio equipment; arrive early for check-in.NOTE: Groups of seven or more people must call (212) 360-2726 or email email@example.com to schedule a custom tour.
Tours take place rain or shine, except in extreme weather conditions (heavy rain, sustained winds of 30mph or more, snowstorms, and a wind chill below 25 or heat index above 95 degrees).
Tour dates and times are subject to change without notice. For the latest information, check our Events Calendar.
Tickets: $15 per person. Central Park Conservancy members: $10 per person. Ticket sales are final.
Directions to Central Park
Central Park Weather
- NYC PARKS’ POOLS AND BEACHES HIGHLIGHTED IN “SPF16: NYC POOLS AND BEACHES IN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHY”
- NYC Parks Joins The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- NYC Parks Joins The U.s. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- Central Park Conservancy Film Festival: Tootsie
- Exhibition - SPF16: NYC Pools and Beaches in Contemporary Photography
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Central Park Tour: Legendary Landmarks
- Hallett Nature Sanctuary
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums