CANCELED: History of Sports in Central Park
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
12:30 p.m.–1:45 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Learn how tastes in recreation have changed since the mid-19th century and how the Park has been changed to mirror those tastes. The route for this walk involves a few stairs.
For directions, please call (212) 794-4064.
NOTE: Groups of seven or more people must call (212) 360-2726 or email to schedule a custom tour.
Directions to Central Park
- NYC PARKS’ POOLS AND BEACHES HIGHLIGHTED IN “SPF16: NYC POOLS AND BEACHES IN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHY”
- NYC Parks Joins The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- NYC Parks Joins The U.s. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- Central Park Tour: The Art of the Park
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Central Park Tour: Hallett Nature Sanctuary and the Pond
- Arsenal Gallery Exhibition Opening: Other Homes
- Arsenal Gallery Exhibition: Other Homes
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums