Nature Exploration: Central Park North to South
Saturday, April 6, 2013
11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
On Nature Exploration Hikes we will discover the plants and animals that inhabit the urban forest. Our Night Hikes allow participants to see parks in a different light and are great for families. Fitness Hikes feature less talking and more walking, for those who don’t mind a vigorous two hour hike. Learn how to navigate using a map and compass on our Orienteering programs. Special geo-cache programs teach you how to use a GPS while searching for hidden prizes.
Hiking and Orienteering programs feature intensity levels ranging from light (a leisurely stroll on mostly paved paths), to moderate (longer, faster paced hikes on rugged terrain), to vigorous (long distance, with hills and rugged terrain). For all hiking programs we recommend wearing comfortable shoes or boots, and packing water and a light snack.
Directions to Central Park
Know Before You Go
The Public Theater’s Free Shakespeare in the Park production of Troilus and Cressida will contain effects including the use of loud sounds, blank gunshots, and simulated explosions. The production will run nightly through August 14 at the Delacorte Theater (located mid-park at 80th Street on the southwest corner of the Great Lawn). Please visit the Public Theater's website for more information about the show and its special effects.
Anticipated Completion: 08/14/2016
Central Park Weather
- NYC PARKS’ POOLS AND BEACHES HIGHLIGHTED IN “SPF16: NYC POOLS AND BEACHES IN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHY”
- NYC Parks Joins The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- NYC Parks Joins The U.s. Fish & Wildlife Service In Celebrating The Centennial Of The Migratory Bird Treaty
- Exhibition - SPF16: NYC Pools and Beaches in Contemporary Photography
- Central Park Tour: Iconic Views of Central Park
- Central Park Tour: Legendary Landmarks
- Hallett Nature Sanctuary
- Stories at the Statue of Hans Christian Andersen
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Great Trees
- Handball Courts
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Outdoor Pools
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums