Back to Monuments List
Gracie Mansion Landmark Tablet
Click image for larger view
- Location: East 89th Street and East End Avenue
- Description: Tablet
- Materials: Aluminum
- Dimensions: H: 15 1/8" W: 23"
- Dedicated: 1960
- Donor: New York Community Trust
- Inscription: LANDMARKS OF NEW YORK / GRACIE MANSION / BUILT ABOUT 1799 ON THE SITE OF A / REVOLUTIONARY FORT AS THE COUNTRY / HOUSE OF ARCHIBALD GRACIE, SCOTTISH MERCHANT. THIS COLONIAL STRUCTURE WAS / RESTORED IN 1927 UNDER THE SUPERVISION / OF THE PARK DEPARTMENT, FROM 1923 TO / 1932 IT HOUSED THE MUSEUM OF THE CITY / OF NEW YORK. IT IS NOW THE OFFICIAL / RESIDENCE OF THE MAYOR OF NEW YORK/
PLAQUE ERECTED 1960 BY / THE NEW YORK COMMUNITY TRUST /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143