Back to Monuments List
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Captain George H. Tilly
Click map for directions
Click image for larger view
- Location: Highland Avenue and 165th St.
- Description: Tablet, pedestal
- Materials: Bronze, Barre granite
- Dimensions: 11"h x 1'5"w; Base: 1'8"h x 1'8.5"w x 1'.5" d
- Inscription: 'DEDICATED TO THE / MEMORY OF / CAPTAIN GEORGE H. TILLY / 1898 (S.A.W. insignia) 1902 / SPANISH AMERICAN WAR"
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namingsoften in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, butnot necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the yearlisted reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8163