Cadman Plaza Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Brooklyn War Memorial
- Location: Fulton and Tillary Streets
- Sculptor: Charles Keck
- Architect: Eggers and Higgins
- Description: Building adorned by two large figures (heroic scale), one at either end of front façade
- Materials: Limestone
- Dimensions: Each figure H: 24'
- Cast: ca. 1951
- Dedicated: 1951
- Donor: Contributions by firms and individuals
- Inscription: THIS MEMORIAL DEDICATED / TO THE HEROIC MEN AND WOMEN OF THE
BOROUGH OF BROOKLYN / WHO FOUGHT FOR LIBERTY IN THE SECOND WORLD WAR 1941-1945 / AND ESPECIALLY TO THOSE WHO SUFFERED AND DIED / MAY THEIR SACRIFICE INSPIRE FUTURE GENERATIONS / AND LEAD TO UNIVERSAL PEACE.
Directions to Cadman Plaza Park
- NYC PARKS DECLARES SOLIDARITY WITH BLACK COMMUNITY
- Visit the Well at Cadman Plaza, Brooklyn
- Cadman Plaza Is November’s Park Of The Month