Cadman Plaza Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Brooklyn Korean War Veterans Plaza
- Location: Fulton and Tillary Streets
- Architect: George P. Vellonakis
- Description: Plaza, gate with three steps and wheelchair ramp, flagstaff on base, benches
- Materials: Gate and flagstaff base--granite; Steps and wheelchair ramp--concrete
- Dimensions: Flagstaff H: 37'
- Cast: 1992
- Dedicated: November 11, 1992
- Fabricator: A. Ottavino Corp.
- Donor: Korean War Memorial Committee
- Inscription: West Pier:
KOREAN WAR / VETERANS / PLAZA / LEST / WE / FORGET /
KOREAN WAR / VETERANS / PLAZA / IN MEMORY OF THOSE / BROOKLYN HEROES WHO / MADE THE SUPREME SACRIFICE / DURING THE KOREAN WAR / JUNE 26, 1950 TO JULY 27, 1953 / THEY WILL REMAIN IN OUR / HEARTS AND MINDS FOREVER / KOREAN WAR VETERAN CHAPTER #171 / BROOKLYN NY /
Front and rear of flagstaff base:
TO HONOR ALL / WHO SERVED / KOREAN WAR / 1950 - 1953
Directions to Cadman Plaza Park
- NYC PARKS DECLARES SOLIDARITY WITH BLACK COMMUNITY
- Visit the Well at Cadman Plaza, Brooklyn
- Cadman Plaza Is November’s Park Of The Month