View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
John Purroy Mitchel Memorial Flagstaffs
- Location: Fifth Avenue, 40th-42nd Streets; in front of the New York Public Library
- Sculptor: Raffaele Menconi, Francesco Menconi, Lorenzo Rosario, winged figures by Sc. Grandelli
- Description: Two ornate bronze flagstaffs with two bronze plaques
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: 95' h
- Cast: 1912
- Dedicated: 1912
- Foundry: Tiffany Studios
- Inscription: 1) North Plaque: TO COMMEMORATE / JOHN PURROY MITCHEL / MAYOR / 1913 - 1917
2) South Plaque: IN HONOR OF / MAJOR JOHN PURROY MITCHEL / DIED IN SERVICE / 1918
Directions to Bryant Park
- IT’S BEGINNING TO FEEL A LOT LIKE… HOLIDAY MARKETS ARE OPENING IN CITY PARKS
- The Air Is Crisp and It's Time to Skate!
- This Weekend in Parks