St. Mark's Ave., Park Pl. bet. Brooklyn Ave. and Kingston Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
Located in the heart of Crown Heights, Brower Park has been an outstanding educational and recreational resource for children for over a century. The City of Brooklyn purchased what is now the southern portion of the park in 1892 and improved the property within two years. The 1894 Annual Report of the Brooklyn Department of Parks boasted that "Its [the site's] natural advantages were many, and it is now one of the prettiest small parks in the City." Rolling terrain, dense shrubs, robust native trees, curving walks, and an iron ornamental fence contributed to the beauty of what was then called Bedford Park.
Join NYC Parks and New York City Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment for this free film! Spike Lee's...