Brooklyn Bridge Park
History Tour: Dancing for Eels
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
6:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
A walking (and boating) history of New York’s 19th century Port Culture. From the busking of black slaves to intercultural mix-ups, to Fred Astaire's uptown tap dancing, New York's intermingled street life has had a formative influence on American high and low culture.
Guides: John Kuo Wei Tchen & Cynthia Copeland, Historians.
This tour will start in Brooklyn Bridge Park and take the East River Ferry leaving guests on the Manhattan side.This tour requires that you RSVP here.
Directions to Brooklyn Bridge Park
- 2014 Season Wrap Up: Brooklyn Bridge Park Events
- New Sports Fields And Picnic Peninsula Open At Brooklyn Bridge Park's Pier 5
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Opens New Pop-up Pool At Pier 2
- Rush Summer Session at 99 Plymouth Art Exhibit
- Pop-Up Pool Free Swim
- Ed Center Open Hours
- Basketball Clinic with BALSA