Back to Monuments List
William White Niles
Click image for larger view
- Location: 226th Street, Bronx Boulevard
- Sculptor: Stanton Studio
- Description: Tablet on flagstaff base
- Materials: Bronze, Deer Island granite
- Dimensions: Tablet H: 29" W: 17¾" D: ½"
- Dedicated: 1938
- Donor: Niles Memorial Committee
- Inscription: TO / RECORD / THE FACT THAT / WILLLIAM WHITE NILES / WAS THE FOUNDER/ OF THE / BRONX RIVER PARKWAY / THIS MEMORIAL / HAS BEEN ERECTED / BY HIS FRIENDS/
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143