View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Fountain of Life
- Location: New York Botanical Garden; front of administration building
- Sculptor: Carl C. Tefft
- Description: Group (life size) of three figures, two of which are riding horse-like sea creatures and one that rides a porpoise, on a pedestal
- Materials: Group--bronze; Pedestal---Dover marble
- Cast: ca. 1905
- Dedicated: 1905
- Foundry: Roman Bronze Works
- Donor: Purchase
- Inscription: 1) rear of dolphin base: "(signed) CARL TEFFT / SCULPTOR"
2) rear of dolpin base: " ROMAN BRONZE WORKS NY 1905"
Directions to Bronx Park
- NYC PARKS CUTS THE RIBBON ON A BRAND NEW ADULT FITNESS AREA IN BRONX PARK
- NYC PARKS UNVEILS NEW BRONX RIVER PARK DOG RUN
- NYC PARKS INSTALLS NEW FITNESS EQUIPMENT AND BASKETBALL COURT AT BRONX PARK